This month we are focusing on improving ourselves, and yesterday’s sermon set us on the right path.
CR dropped some blazing points
- We have the license to improve on ourselves and be excellent.
- The goal of every form of improvement is progressive excellence.
- Christ is the goal and yardstick of all improvements; Improve yourself for the plans God has for you.
- Self-improvement is progressive; seek to do something at every point of your life.
- Self-improvement releases a better version of you that the world will enjoy.
- Don’t get stuck in what lies behind (the past); forge ahead; there is more. Prepare yourself now for the next level.
- Change doesn’t just happen by mistake; it’s an intentional effort.
3 actions to self-improvement
- Think about something you’d like to change/improve on
- Thinking is a powerful tool and a gift from God.
- Thinking helps you to articulate your vision and your plan.
- Make out time to think and write down your thoughts.
- Be laser focused; break down that chunk of goals you wish to achieve into small ones and focus on them. This helps you to achieve more.
- Don’t be swayed by other people’s opinion; know your area of specialization and build on it. It might not seem relevant now, just keep at it and watch things turn around.
- Engage with others
- People that have gone ahead of you will save you from repeating their mistakes and avoid yours.
- It saves you time.
- It improves your network.